Functional Skills Maths Level 2
What you will need to get started…
- Be 16 years or older
- Have legal right to live and work in the UK
- To complete an initial Assessment session
- An Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) meeting with one of our advisors
- Assessment interview with course tutor.
- Previous knowledge of Maths at Level 1
Qualifications you will receive upon completion…
You will achieve the following qualification upon completion and achievement of City and Guilds Functions Skills Maths
- City and Guilds Certificate in Functional Skills Level 2
What you will study…
- Cary out calculations with numbers up to one million.
- Evaluate expressions and make substitutions in given formulae in words and formulae in words and symbols.
- Understand and calculate using ratios, direct proportions and inverse proportions.
- Calculate using compound measures including speed, density and rates of pay.
- Calculate the median and mode of a set of quantities.
- Express probability as fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Draw and interpret a scatter diagrams and recognise positive and negative correlation.
- and more…
Achieving these qualifications should increase candidates’ confidence and motivation, and the skills they gain will be valuable in the workplace or in any further learning. On successful completion of the qualification, you could have the opportunity to progress on to the next level or job or apprenticeship (dependent on prior qualifications)