Dementia is one of the main causes of disability in later life, and cases are rising – by 2051, it’s expected that two million people in the UK will have dementia. If you work with people with dementia, it’s important that you understand the condition and know how to provide the best possible care for each individual. In our level 2 Principles of Dementia Care course, you will learn all about approaches to dementia care. You’ll gain insight into how dementia affects the way people behave and interact, as well as how best to communicate with people who have dementia.
Available fully funded
• England (Distance Learning).
- Understand the different forms of dementia
- Learn how to support individuals through person-centred care
- Develop knowledge and understanding of care
- Learn positive communication methods
- Learn issues around the use of medication
- Currently, live in England
- Resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than study
- Must be aged 19+
- Must not be on an apprenticeship
HOW TO SIGN UP
Learners may be eligible for funding which means the course won’t cost a thing to complete (subject to eligibility). There is a £125 cancellation fee if a learner enrols and fails to complete or withdraws early from the course. This fee is to cover administration costs. We may be able to offer extensions if learners are unable to meet the set submission deadline. Please read the declaration on the enrolment form carefully before signing up.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER ENROLMENT?
- Submit your re-enrolment form and get sent your further details to begin your course
- We’ll process your funding application, and a tutor will be assigned to support you through your course
- Receive text reminders when your work is due
- Your work will be marked and returned to you within 7 days
- Once you’ve submitted your work, we’ll apply for your certificate
HOW LEARNERS USE THIS COURSE
Choosing to do this Level 2 Course in the Principles of Dementia Care, could lead to careers in Health and Social Care. The course would be particularly useful for job roles such as;
- Senior Care Worker (£17,000 to £27,000)
- Care Worker (£13,500 to £25,000)
- Care Home Managers (£25,000 to £55,000)