- Start Date: Various
- Day: FLEXIBLE
- Course Ref 4921-1/2
- LocationOff Site Activity (Distance Learning)
- 19 – 23 £ 299.00
- 24+. £ 299.00
- Overseas. £ 399.00
Every year, one in ten hospital patients develop a healthcare associated infection during their stay in a UK hospital. Approximately 5000 patients die as a direct result of one of these infections.
In most cases, these infections are difficult to treat and can complicate any other current or previous illnesses that a patient has, as well as causing distress for the individual and their family.
Taking this course can help tackle the outbreak of infection in hospitals and healthcare settings by helping you understand the causes and spread of infection and how you can help to control it.
WHO IS SUITABLE?
Infection prevention is crucial to saving lives, so this course is of high importance to any existing or new healthcare employees.
The information contained in the course is vital to anyone who wishes to work in the healthcare sector in the future.
This course is available:
- Online assessments.
The online course is available on The Romain Designs’s online learning platform, Laser Learning. Online learning with a difference, it features:
- Exciting and engaging content
- Interactivity – featuring videos and games to enhance learning
- Virtual tutors who offer hints, tips and guidance throughout the course.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This course is split into four manageable units:
- Unit 1: Principles of the causes and spread of infection in health care settings
- Unit 2: Principles of the importance of personal hygiene and health in the prevention and control of infection in health care settings
- Unit 3: Principles of decontamination, cleaning and waste management in health care settings
- Unit 4: Principles of infection prevention and control in a health care setting
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Study will enhance both personal skills and professional development
- The programme is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose where and when you study
- On average, the course should only take between 10-16 weeks to complete
- Personal tutors are assigned to each individual learner to ensure you have the necessary support needed to be successful.
*Fully funded subject to meeting eligibility criteria and availability or £299.00 (UK Only).
Payment plans are available. Enquire for more information.
HOW TO APPLY?
(2) Pay a security deposit of GBP £50 – Click link
(This can be paid online using credit or debit card and will be deducted from the overall cost of course)
(3) Online payment or we will send you an invoice on receiving your enrolment form