PAY UP-FRONT STUDY ONLINE -DISTANCE LEARNING PAYMENT PLAN FUNDING AVAILABLE (ADULT STUDENT LOAN)
COST: £1,152 + £288 (20% VAT) =£1,440
12 Easy Installments – Only £150.00 Per Month
▪️Aged 19 and above
▪️Legal right to live and work in the UK
▪️You must have completed English and Maths Initial Assessment and IAG with us
▪️You will already have achieved a Level 1 qualification or working towards Level 2 in English and Maths.
What does the qualification cover?
This qualification is designed to build the knowledge and skills needed when working with children and young people from birth to 19 years. It covers a diverse range of job roles and occupational areas and is spilt into two pathways:
•Learning, Development and Support Services
Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (Social Care Pathway)
- Learning style: Distance Learning
- Duration: 12 Months
- Venue: Online/Distance
- Ofqual Registered: Yes
- Awarding Body: Innovate Awarding or City and Guilds
- Payments: 12 Months, interest free
About this Course
The Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (RQF) is an Ofqual regulated qualification and accredited. The online course is designed to develop the knowledge and skills required when working with children and young people from birth to 19 years of age.
Learners must gain a minimum number of 65 credits to achieve the Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (RQF).
To do this they must gain 27 credits from the mandatory units. Learners must select one mandatory pathway: Social Care or Learning, Development and Support Services to achieve 13 credits.
The remaining 25 credits must be achieved from units in the optional group. Units already completed through the pathway can only be taken once and cannot be counted again in the optional units.
Who is it for?
To achieve this qualification, you will be working in a health or social care setting with children and young people in a wide range of settings, for example in the roles of:
- Care worker
- Early years practitioners
- Youth and community worker
- Foster Carers
- Children and Families Social Workers
- Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service Advisers
What topics does the qualification cover?
The mandatory units cover the following key aspects of children and young people’s social care:
- Personal Development
- Equality and Inclusion
- Duty of Care
- Understanding and promoting child and young people’s development
- Working together for the benefit of children and young people
- Developing positive relationships with children young people and those involved in your care
- Understanding how to support positive outcomes for children and young people
- Assessment and planning with children and young people
- Promote the well being and resilience of children and young people
- Professional practice in children and young people’s social care
A range of optional units to choose from covers a variety of tasks and skills to meet the requirements of a range of work roles.
The total Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for this qualification is 443 to 507 hours.
We recommend reading the course specification to go through the units, guided learning hours and credits. This will outline exactly what you will be expected to study in order to achieve the Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce.
This qualification requires an assessment of both competence and knowledge. Throughout your Level 3 childcare course for the Children and Young People’s Workforce course, you will be assessed through a variety of methods:
- Written assignments and coursework
- Having a manager or colleague complete a witness testimony of tasks completed in a workplace
- Direct observations of you carrying out work-related tasks
- Professional discussions over the phone
- Supplying us with work product evidence.
Enhance your Competence and knowledge, add value to your CV and the skills you can offer to an employer as well as increasing your earnings.
After completing this qualification, you can progress onto other qualifications such as:
Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services
You can also progress onto the following roles:
There may be additional fees to cover for the cost of textbooks needed for the course. * Funding available must meet criteria. Please complete our pre-enrolment form for more information.