PAY UP-FRONT STUDY ONLINE CLASSROOM BASED
About the course:
This qualification equips learners with the experience and skills needed to develop a career in childcare in an array of settings. This Advanced Programme trains students to become Early Years Educators, hence, allowing them to work with children from birth to age 5 as well as obtaining knowledge and understanding children aged 5 – 7 years. Areas covered in the modules include: Understanding Children’s Early Years Education and Development; Plan and Provide Effective Teaching and Learning in Early Years Settings.
To achieve the Level 3 Diploma students must obtain a minimum of 67 QCF credits.
- Understand Children’s Early Years Education and Development
- Implementing Early Years Foundation Stage
- Diversity, Equality and Inclusion in Early Years Settings
- Plan and Provide Effective Teaching and Learning in Early Years Settings
- Make Accurate and Productive Use of Assessment in Early Years Settings
- Develop Effective and Informed Professional Practice in Early Years Settings
- Promote the Health, Safety and Well-being of Children in Early Years Settings
- Child Protection and Safeguarding, Partnership Working in Early Years.
What are the entry requirements?
In order to complete the qualification, students must have a GCSE grade C and above in Maths and English ( Functional Skills English and Maths Level 2) or Undertake before finishing the course.
Do You Need To Be Working To Take The Qualification?
Yes, in order to take the qualification, the student will need to either be working, volunteering or on practical placements to demonstrate competence in both knowledge and skills.
The assessor will come to the workplace of the students, which is where the observation will take place. Prior to the observation, the assessor will assist in portfolio building and observations.
Qualification: Level 3 Diploma in Early Learning and Childcare (Early Years Educator)
Course Mode: Part-time
Through achieving this qualification you will be able to progress into employment working with children from 0 to 5 years in roles such as Early Years Educator, Nursery Nurse, Child Minder, Preschool Assistant.
Learners could also progress to further study or training such as:
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care
Course Duration: Up to 12 Months
Start Dates: The Diploma course can be studied at any time during the year, however, this is subject to the number of students.
Are there any additional costs?
There may be additional fees to cover for the cost of textbooks needed for the course
FINANCE OPTION AVAILABLE