Nationally AccreditedPayment Plan Takes on average 5 – 10 weeks
Engaging Online LearningExpert 1-to-1 supportLevel 3 qualification
Who is the course for
This course will equip you with an awareness of finding and managing relevant and good quality information, and considering the importance of online identities. You will also look at the importance of digital skills in the workplace itself, considering how to communicate effectively using technology and how to protect data and devices, among other organisational policies and procedures. This qualification is aimed at anyone who is either in employment or searching for employment, particularly those who wish to develop their digital skills in relation to the management of information and digital safety, security and communication. Anyone with a basic understanding of IT skills who is searching for career progression, or wishing to improve their digital skills for their own personal use, would benefit from this course. This qualification is suitable for learners aged 14 and above.
Fully recognised RQF qualification.
Qualification: Principles for Digital Skills in Employment Level 2
Support: 4 Months support included
Start Date: Anytime – We enrol 365 days a year
Experience: Not Required
Placement: Not Required
Funding Available: No
Payment Plan: Yes
This course is split into five manageable units:
- Unit 1: Developing digital career skills In this unit, learners will explore a range of digital skills, their relevance and how to improve their own digital skills. Learners will also look at social media and the internet in relation to employment opportunities, what forms an online identity, and how to use digital skills in career progression.
- Unit 2: Management of information Learners will be asked to look at how to gather reliable information using different techniques, as well as copyright regulations and what happens when these are breached. They will also be asked to explore different storage methods for data management and why these are in place, plus the benefits and limitations of these methods.
- Unit 3: Digital device safety awareness Learners will learn about types of threats to data and how to protect it, as well as considering data protection legislation. They will also be asked to look at health and safety legislation regarding the use of digital equipment and how the risks can be reduced.
- Unit 4: Communication and productivity In this unit, learners will learn how to communicate effectively using a range of technology, including email, online meeting and collaboration tools, and digital networks. They will also be asked to understand the advantages and disadvantages of these methods and look at safety issues and support related to social media.
- Unit 5: Digital security. In this unit, learners will be able to identify a range of security threats and system protection methods, as well as exploring current legislation around system and data protection and organisational policies and procedures relating to this.
Online learning materials with online assessment. Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal Tutor and a Learner Support Advisor
How is the course assessed
To enrol on this course, please go to our pre-enrolment page and complete the form. After a chat with one of our advisors, they will then send you out enrolments details. Alternately if you are ready to start now.
Please complete the enrolment form before making payment.
Payment can also be made by visiting our online shop.
Level 2 Certificate in Principles for Digital Skills in Employment
PAYMENT PLAN: Select the Buy Now button to start Paying 4 monthly payments of £100.25 per month.
Get Started Here.