COST £650.00 FUNDING AVAILABLE (subject to availability and criteria)
Learners must either be employed or volunteering in an appropriate role and have the full support of their employer in order to enrol.
About the course:
This qualification equips learners with the experience and skills needed to develop a career in childcare in an array of settings. Areas covered in the modules include Understanding child and young person development; supporting children and young people achieve their full academic potential as well as promoting their well-being.
This course comprises of compulsory and optional units. Students are expected to obtain at least 35 credits in order to qualify for this award.
The criteria are as follows:
- All eleven units from the Compulsory Group totalling 29 credits
- A minimum of 6 credits from Optional Group
- Introduction to Communication
- Introduction to Personal Development
- Introduction to Equality and Inclusion
- Child and Young Person Development
- Contribute to the Support of Child and Young Person Development
- Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young People
- Contribute to Children and Young People’s Health and Safety
- Support Children and Young People’s Positive Behaviour
- Contribute to the Support of Positive Environments for Children and Young People
What are the entry requirements?
For this qualification there are currently no formal entry requirements, however, students will be required to take initial assessments prior to their place on the course is confirmed.
For this course, there are a variety of ways in which students will be assessed which are listed below. Each assessment format assesses your skills and progression throughout the course.
Modes of assessment include:
- Professional discussions
- Witness testimonials
- Candidate work products
Qualification: The Level 2 Certificate in Children & Young People’s Workforce
Course Mode: Part-Time
Duration: Up to 6-12 Months
Start Date: The Certificate course can be studied at any time during the year, however, this is subject to the number of students.
When you have achieved your Intermediate qualification and you will be able to progress onto an Advanced (Level 3).
What are the training costs?
The course fee is £600.00. For more information, feel free to contact us.
*Fully funded subject to meeting eligibility criteria and availability or £650.00.
Are there any additional costs?
You may incur additional costs to cover the price of textbooks needed for the course.
- Career paths include:
- Nursery Assistant
- Crèche Worker
- Playgroup Assistant
- Child Minder
Payment plans are available. Enquire for more information.
HOW TO APPLY?
Simply follow the steps given below to enrol:
(1) Complete pre-enrolment form