COST: £522 + £130.50 (20% VAT) =£652.50
This course is designed for 19+ Adults. The qualification will allow you to work in health and social care. This can either be in a paid role or a voluntary capacity. *Learners must either be employed or volunteering in an appropriate role and have the full support of their employer or placement manager.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- A good level of written and spoken English is required
WHAT WILL I STUDY
Course: IAO Level 2 Diploma in Care – 603/2524/0
Duration:6 months /12 months
- Nationally Recognised Qualification
- Distance Learning & Part-Time Study
- Flexible Tutor and Assessor Support bringing you information, advice and guidance when you need it
- Get cracking on the next step of your career. Open the door to distance learning.
The aim of the Level 2 Diploma in Care (Accredited by Skills for Care) is to confirm occupational competence for Adult Care Workers or Healthcare Support Workers.
This Level 2 Diploma in Care qualification offers the opportunity for learners to demonstrate their knowledge, understanding and practical skills required to be an Adult Care Worker in an adult care setting or a Healthcare Assistant; Support Worker or Personal Assistant in a healthcare support environment.
At Level 2, the UK sector skills council decided that there would be a common qualification for both Health and Adult Care settings. This means that there will be no barrier to entering either the Adult Care or Health Workforces.
The content of the Level 2 Diploma in Care qualification links with the knowledge and skills required for the Apprenticeship Standards Adult Care Worker’ and ‘Healthcare Support Worker’. The content is applicable to a variety of roles, examples of which are included below:
- Adult care worker
- Healthcare Assistant / Support Worker
- Personal Assistant
The Level 2 Diploma in Care will require learners to demonstrate understanding and effective practice in the following areas:
- Person development
- Values and behaviours
- Health and wellbeing
The Level 2 Diploma in Care qualification links with the requirements for the National Occupational Standards (NOS) for Health and Social Care.
The qualification gives learners the opportunity to:
develop the fundamental technical skills and underpinning knowledge and understanding required to become competent in the job role. These cover the following areas: communication, personal development, equality and inclusion, duty of care, safeguarding, person-centred approaches, health and safety and handling information. Learners will also be expected to work effectively as part of a team and within agreed ways of working, following the relevant standards, policies and protocols used in their workplace, including the Code of Conduct for Adult Social Care Workers and Healthcare Support Workers in England.
- The qualification is delivered by Romain Designs (RD) and it is awarded by Innovate Awarding, an Ofqual-regulated Awarding Body. All of the qualifications are listed on the Ofqual register.
IAO Level 2 Diploma in Care – 603/2524/0
Learners will need to meet the requirements outlined in the table below before the
qualification can be awarded.
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED
You will be assessed via:
- Written assignments
- Workplace assessments and observations of performance this course is a mixture of competence and knowledge units that will all be delivered in the workplace.
Observation of your practice