Nationally AccreditedPayment PlanTakes on average 5 – 12 weeks
Engaging Online LearningExpert 1-to-1 supportLevel 2 qualification
By completing the qualification, you will develop knowledge of mental health in children and young people which would support progression onto further qualifications and into relevant employment in the health and social care or education sector.
This course will help you to understand the factors affecting mental health and a range of common conditions experienced by children and young people. You will learn about the issues facing children and young people such as depression, anxiety and conduct disorder, as well as external factors that affect their mental health and how you can best support them in their everyday lives.
Fully recognised RQF qualification.
Qualification: Level 2
Support: Support included
Start Date: Anytime – We enrol 365 days a year
Experience: Not Required
Placement: Not Required
Cost: £401.00 – Knowledge Only
Funding Available: No
Payment Plan: Yes
There are no specific entry requirements, however, learners should have a minimum of level one in literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
Course Length and Timescale
Length of programme: 12 – 16 Weeks
Total qualification time: 135 Hours
Please note these are average and estimated figures and may not be a true representative for all individuals.
Core units for this online qualification include:
- Legislation and Best Practice Relating to Children and Young People’s Mental Health
- Living with Childhood Mental Health Conditions
- Understand Causes and Diagnosis of Mental Health Concerns in Children and Young people
- Understand How to Minimise the Risk of Mental Health Concerns in Children and Young people
- Understand the Principles of Mental Health Concerns in the Context of Children and Young People.
This qualification aims to equip you with a more detailed understanding of mental health conditions that can affect children and young people, the legislation and guidance surrounding mental health, risk factors that can affect mental well-being and the impact that mental health concerns can potentially have on young people and others.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand how family problems, societal pressures and developmental changes can affect a child or young person’s mental health
- Identify situations where a child or young person’s behaviours may raise concerns about their mental health
- Know the impacts that mental health concerns can have the lives of children and young people, as well as their families
- Understand the importance of diagnosing mental health problems and why young people might be reluctant to seek a diagnosis
- Take a person-centred approach to empowering children and young people and promoting their mental wellbeing
Course Length: This course can typically be completed within 5 – 10 weeks, depending on your time availability.
|If you spend this much time per week…||Then you’ll complete your qualification in…|
|24 hours||5 weeks|
|15 hours||8 weeks|
|12 hours||10 weeks|
|10 hours||12 weeks|
We have coursework submission milestones in place to ensure you’re on track to complete your qualification within a maximum 12 -16 weeks.
All materials are provided for you to complete the course. However, you will need access to a PC/laptop and suitable Wi-Fi to access teaching and learning.
To enrol on this course, please go to our pre-enrolment page and complete the form. After a chat with one of our advisors, they will then send you out enrolments details. Alternately if you are ready to start now.
Please complete the enrolment form before making payment.
Payment can also be made by visiting our online shop.
Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health
PAYMENT PLAN: Select the Buy Now button to start Paying 5 monthly payment of £80.20per month.
Get Started Here